This two-day workshop integrates classroom and on-site experiences at a host facility to build upon the knowledge and experience gained in the DISCOVER EXCELLENCE* and SYSTEMS DESIGN workshops. It takes you deeper into the Shingo Model™ by focusing on the principles identified in the Cultural Enablers dimension of the Shingo Guiding Principles:
- Respect Every Individual
- Lead with Humility
Cultural Enablers principles make it possible for people in an organization to engage in the transformation journey, progress in their understanding, and build a culture of organizational excellence. Organizational excellence cannot be achieved through top-down directives or piecemeal implementation of tools. It requires a widespread organizational commitment.
The CULTURAL ENABLERS workshop will help you define ideal behaviors and the systems that drive those behaviors using behavioral benchmarks.
- To provide an overview of the Shingo Model, Shingo Guiding Principles, and the Three Insights of Operational Excellence.
- Review some of the key learnings from thought leaders such as: Maslow, Deming, Senge, Covey, Kotter, Collins and many more.
- Understand the Shingo Guiding Principles’ Cultural Enablers dimension
- Strengthen understanding of the relationship between principles, systems, and behaviours
- Learn how systems drive behaviours and results
- Understand the fundamental truths and behavioural benchmarks behind the principles Respect Every Individual and Lead with Humility
- Use Go & Observe to understand the practical application of the Cultural Enablers dimension
- Be able to examine your organisation’s systems and determine if they are driving ideal behaviours to achieve sustainable business transformations
On successful completion of the module delegates should be able to:
- Have an in depth understanding of the Shingo Model
- Understand the Fundamental Truths behind Respect Every Individual and Lead with Humility
- Understand the connections between principles, core ideal behaviours, systems, KBIs, and the types of questions to ask that will reveal evidence of behaviour
- Understand how systems drive cultural transformation
- Go & Observe actual systems
- Develop a project plan to assess the Cultural Enablers Dimension at own organisation
- Presentation material, reference to case studies, small group activities and three ‘Go and Observe’ visits to critical areas of the host site.
How does it work
- Virtual Classroom – 4 live sessions over an interactive platform