This elite Master’s degree is designed to develop high-calibre manufacturing leaders who desire to formalise their ability to champion enterprise, create wealth and build the essential knowledge needed to develop a world-class manufacturing business.
The MSc in Manufacturing Leadership has been specifically designed and developed by a team of industry leaders all with strong backgrounds in the manufacturing sector. It is delivered by a team of global experts who are able to share their knowledge and experiences. The MSc has six key modules each delivered by a different leading industry specialist. The dissertation element is where students get to really shine.
What are the benefits to the company
- Development of a multi-disciplinary approach to manufacturing enterprise management in order to create wealth.
- Adoption of world class manufacturing principles and leading-edge thinking.
- Implementation of seven in-house business improvement projects.
- Significant financial benefits expected by the end of the programme.
- Formal development of high calibre individuals
What are the benefits to the delegate
- Transfer of knowledge from leading manufacturing experts and industry peers.
- Wider skillset, encompassing the full business
- Joining a community of global manufacturing business leaders
- Deep and comprehensive understanding of manufacturing sector, supply chain and internal process management
- A degree (typically at least a 2nd class honours) in a relevant subject area, or a degree-equivalent professional qualification
- Alternatively, at least five years’ professional/managerial work experience.
- All delegates need access to their own machine as the course is highly interactive and requires independent contribution
How does it work
- Virtual Classroom – live sessions over an interactive platform
- 24 month programme (plus 9-month dissertation project)
- 6 modules – Each composed of 4 x 1-day workshop
- Leadership: Leadership styles in different stages of organisational development, mechanisms of good communication, change management and creating a shared vision, building effective teams, motivation and managing performance.
- Global Markets and Future Manufacturing: Global markets – trends and drivers, competitive strategies for the 21st Century, alternative models for future manufacturing.
- Managing Financial Resources: Measures for business success and manufacturing performance, strategic business planning, financial modelling, and management accounting.
- World-class Manufacturing Practices: Best practice and benchmarking, principles of lean and agile manufacturing, supply chain management.
- Manufacturing Enterprise Creation and Development: Creating value for customers and shareholders, developing, and deploying strategy.
- Innovation: Understanding the innovation lifecycle, convert creativity into competitive advantage, project, and risk management