The Pursuit of Excellence
The Manufacturing Institute is passionate about manufacturing and the pursuit of excellence.
We are an independent charity with a primary focus to support and improve the manufacturing sector through training, education and consultancy.
From courses for new team leaders on the manufacturing shop floor, to elite programmes for the people at the top of your business, we’ve got something for everyone.
Our approach hinges on education – making sure that you can sustain every change we help to introduce.
Our practitioners have all worked in manufacturing at senior levels and their years of experience can help transform your business.This isn’t just text book theory, We are transferring 21 years of knowledge and experience gained from working with more than 10,000 businesses – from market leaders to SMEs.
We know manufacturing inside out. We understand your challenges and the opportunities. We believe every UK manufacturer has the potential to outperform its rivals.
INSPIRE – MANUFACTURING TALENT
As an independent charity, we aim to inspire the next generation of manufacturing talent working creatively with schools, community groups and local businesses.
Our schools Make It Challenges have inspired more than 60,000 teenagers and teachers and this work will now expand across the UK thanks to a grant from the Careers and Enterprise Fund.
And through our Fab Lab network – digital fabrication laboratories – we engage with entrepreneurs, SME’s, students and community groups to bring new ideas to life.
Every penny we earn goes back into supporting our charitable campaigns.
EDUCATE – FUTURE LEADERS
With decades of senior manufacturing experience right across the sector, our practitioners are much more than classroom trainers.
They know what excellence looks like, and they can spot when a continuous improvement programme is going well or has run out of steam.
Within hours of looking around a business they can point to simple and cost-effective measures to improve efficiency, make savings and get the very best out of your teams.
And if you decide to invest in our training and consultancy programmes, they work hard to ensure that excellence is championed across the board making improvements real and sustainable.
IMPROVE – MANUFACTURING
Even if you know your business inside and out, allowing an experienced ‘fresh pair of eyes’ to take a look at your people and processes is invaluable.
Over our 21 year history we’ve made billions of pounds worth of improvements in manufacturing businesses large and small.
If you have a target to meet, a new system to implement, a new team to integrate, or a big task to complete – our team can help your team.
And we’ll make this promise.
If you decide to work with us we will do our very best for you.
- "The mixture of presentations with interactive discussions makes for an interesting learning experience"
- "The Profit Programme free business review has created a wave of change for our company. It's the most valuable advice I have received in years. We are already implementing some of the recommendations and are taking advantage of further subsidised coaching days”
DAVINDER LOTAY, DIRECTOR, ALTIMEX LTD
- "We need great talent to help deliver our future growth plans and the Make It events are the single best opportunity for us to engage with young people close to our business. I fully expect that we will be recruiting some of the young people attending our Make It challenge in years to come."
Nick Mulhall, Managing Director, Survitec Birkenhead
- "The MSc course has been challenging but very rewarding and it has provided me the skills to challenge some of the priorities and behaviours within my company"
- "Each module on the MSc is unique to manufacturing and encourages best practises and to use your work as the basis for all assignments by the 3rd module the courses has paid for itself"
- "I enjoy the learning opportunity and interaction with people from other industries. The MSc will & has provided me with a deeper insight in to manufacturing"