Steve Bamber felt the benefits of his Masters in Manufacturing Leadership even before he’d finished his studies, securing a promotion from Head of Manufacturing to Head of Operations (Astute)...
The Pursuit of Excellence
The Manufacturing Institute is passionate about manufacturing and the pursuit of excellence.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve shared that passion with more than 10,000 businesses, delivering more than £1 billion worth of measurable results for our customers.
We are an independent charity – our primary focus is to support and improve the manufacturing sector through training, education and consultancy.
The depth of experience and insight we offer cannot be surpassed. Our approach hinges on education – making sure that you can sustain every change we help to introduce.
We know manufacturing inside out. We understand the challenges and the opportunities.
We believe every UK manufacturer has the potential to outperform its rivals.
Lets make it happen. Together.
Our hands-on, creative and fun school Make It challenges connect young people to local manufacturers to show the types of career paths available within modern manufacturing.
Since 2006, over 40,000 pupils and teachers have been inspired by the campaign.
Would you like to join us and have some fun?
Welcome to the Fab Lab one of the most exciting innovations in manufacturing for decades!
Fab Labs digital fabrication laboratories were set up to inspire people to turn their ideas into prototypes and new products by giving them access to a range of advanced digital manufacturing technology.
The UK’s first Fab Lab opened in Manchester in March 2010 and since then over 3,000 small manufacturers, inventors, schools and community groups have enjoyed using it.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Our world class education and training is carried out by manufacturers for manufacturers.
With 20 years of expertise in bringing lessons from the factory floor to the classroom – we know what you need to succeed.
Our aim is simple: to deliver the latest thinking and best practice with the practical know-how and techniques to improve performance in manufacturing businesses across the UK.
Whatever stage you’re at on the journey to excellence, our manufacturing industry experts have a wealth of experience to help you reach the next level.
Whether it’s a full strategic review, introduction of a new process, performance-boosting training from shop floor to boardroom, or an operational assessment to benchmark against your global competitors, we have a solution.
We’re looking forward to putting 20 years of expertise and success at your disposal.
Completing his MSc in Manufacturing Leadership transformed Matthew Byrom into a confident professional with five promotions under his belt.
He began the course as a graduate trainee and had secured...
When he won a promotion at work, Lee Dooling turned to The Manufacturing Institute to provide the skills and training he needed...
Rubber compound specialist Berwin Polymer has improved performance on one of its busiest production lines, thanks to the results of a project led by Victoria Cable, despatch co-ordinator at...
Within eight years of finishing his course with the Manufacturing Institute, Darren Mitcheson had been promoted three times and moved from Burnley to China, to head up...
- "The mixture of presentations with interactive discussions makes for an interesting learning experience"
- "The Profit Programme free business review has created a wave of change for our company. It's the most valuable advice I have received in years. We are already implementing some of the recommendations and are taking advantage of further subsidised coaching days”
DAVINDER LOTAY, DIRECTOR, ALTIMEX LTD
- "We need great talent to help deliver our future growth plans and the Make It events are the single best opportunity for us to engage with young people close to our business. I fully expect that we will be recruiting some of the young people attending our Make It challenge in years to come."
Nick Mulhall, Managing Director, Survitec Birkenhead
- "The MSc course has been challenging but very rewarding and it has provided me the skills to challenge some of the priorities and behaviours within my company"
- "The MSc is Excellent! It's opened up new ideas and I'm sure it will help with my promotion prospects and employability"
- "Each module on the MSc is unique to manufacturing and encourages best practises and to use your work as the basis for all assignments by the 3rd module the courses has paid for itself"
- "I enjoy the learning opportunity and interaction with people from other industries. The MSc will & has provided me with a deeper insight in to manufacturing"